[sudo-discuss] Bubble

Autonomous autonomous666 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 12:44:13 PDT 2015

My plan for an economic collapse scenario like this is to first get out
from under the debt/wage/rent slavery conditions that are prevalent in
society and then develop a self-funded product that generates income. So I
have been living for next to nothing in the bay area (Marin) for several
years now on land that is owned free and clear, in a modest home that I
built with my own hands with free or surplus materials. I realize that this
lifestyle may not be suitable or even possible for many people, but it can
work out quite well once you adapt.

To do this, you first need to save some cash to buy land then have the
ability to find and evaluate suitable properties. Property tax foreclosure
sales are one possibility, another are properties that are abandoned in
some way by the owners. I have acquired many properties dirt cheap with
these processes in California and across the southwest, including farmland.

To develop the property having access to a truck, car and trailer, or other
suitable vehicle for hauling is necessary. As you know there's a ton of
free building materials available in the bay area. To gain an extra
advantage I developed a browser extension that monitors free postings on
Craigslist and generates instant notifications when something comes up. At
this point I have collected so many free materials that I literally ran out
of space to store it all. I have stacks of high quality 100 year old
lumber, dozens of very nice windows and doors, redwood decking, gymnasium
flooring, shipping pallets, and so forth. With these materials I build
useful items like fences, habitable shelters, workshops and greenhouses.

Since the laws are generally against people building a home without the
need for a ton of cash or bank lending, I create an alternative purpose for
the property. For instance, the cover story I use for the properties is
typically that they are being used by a non-profit for some social or
envirionmental benefit. Since I believe that many building and occupancy
codes are developed for the benefit of the banking/real estate industry,
and unjustly deprive people of the right to live in the world without
becoming a debt slave, I have no issues with stating that nobody lives on
the property. I simply say that I rent a small room somewhere else, but I
spend a good deal of time on the property.

I have been doing this for many years now and have invested a ton of time
in research, skills development and uncovering creative solutions and
work-arounds. Honestly, its a lot of physical effort and I am not getting
any younger. I could practically teach a seminar on the subject.