[sudo-discuss] I'm visiting Oakland in April

Drew Hornbein dhornbein at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:25:18 PDT 2015

Hello Sudo Discuss!

I'm going to be staying in Oakland for the month of April and have an
intention of spending as much time as possible in Sudo Room. I visited Omni
Commons in October while in town for the aspiration tech conference and
have been wanting to come back ever since.

I have been working with a group called Agile Learning Centers who's aim is
to revolutionize education though methodologies adapted from Agile project
management. Over the last 7 months I've been in Everett Washington working
with a few families on a cooperative home school. My time here is over and
I'm making my way back across the country to NYC (my home).

I'll be going to the JS study group and other events in the space. The mesh
networking stuff also sounds fun and I am keen on learning some hardware
hacking.

I'd also like to put forward some offerings, I am a front end web developer
and facilitator. If anyone is interested in learning some personal goal
setting and task management stuff or CSS/HTML I'm happy to share my
knowledge. I'm a big fan of collaborative systems thinking and meetings, so
I'll be sure to stop by the sudo room general meeting.

I'm also bringing a computer tower down, and if I can get my big hard drive
out of it I'd like to donate the computer to the space at the end of the
month (possibly).

I look forward to meeting y'all in the space!

Here's my blog about my time as a facilitator in Everett:
drew.agilelearningcenters.org and my general blog is here: dru2.com

Let me know if there are any projects that could use my skills or that
anyone needs help with for the month, I love to help out.

Best,
Drew