[sudo-discuss] white and RGB light strips

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Mar 21 20:49:37 PDT 2015

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015, Patrik D'haeseleer wrote:
> Excellent. Did you ever get those RGB strip lights to light up? We could always try to use those to modulate the light quality in the rest of the hall.

unfortunately there is no way for me to get any information on the RGB
light strips because Electronic Goldmine deleted the reference to them
after they sold out (to save disk space?) and they don't allow google or
internet archive to cache their pages (the right to be forgotten?)

they are part number G20109A and they say konami on them, other than that
we will have to manually look at them and figure out their pinout and data
protocol to get them to light up.

the white ones work great, I will hook them up soon.  But i think they
were on clearance because many of them have defective phosphor dots, which
means that much of the ultraviolet light is coming out of some of them.

that's right, ultraviolet light.  from white LEDs.. that's how they work.
You thought white was a color?  it's not.

-jake