[sudo-discuss] ~~DEEP FLUSH 2015~~

Connor Hogan conn.hogan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 23:05:31 PST 2015

ATTENTION ALL SUDOERS:

We are planning a deep cleaning/purging of all unnecessary clutter!

Who: Everyone and you!
When:* Mar 14-15 (Sat & Sun) @ 10am - 10pm*
Where: Sudo Room in Omni Commons, 4799 Shattuck, Oakland, CA 94609

*Who says what's trash and what's worth keeping?*
This will be up to the cleaning crew's judgement unless claimed and
safeguarded IN PERSON (no hordes of emails saying "hey I've got a thing on
this one shelf!"; though availability and mobility will obviously be
considered). SO... be sure to gather any personal items before the flush!
And/or be present during the flush to have a say in what gets tossed and
what stays.

*When is this happening?*
March 14-15. We will begin assembling a 'To Be Flushed' pile on Saturday
and it should ideally be disposed of on Sunday afternoon.

*But I don't have anywhere to put all of my things!*
sudo room is not a storage facility! Personal storage space is addressed
via lockers in the back of the space.

Remember that sudo room's official stance is that:
"Note: no personal property should be stored in sudo room unless a system
for personal storage can be provided by sudo room."
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association#Section_2.3_Benefits
meaning you need to label your things for use, use a locker, or accept that
your personal belongings may be hacked or removed without notice.

*Why are we throwing away such perfectly hackable things?*
While many things are useful, let's get beyond the mentality that "I could
totally use this one thing in this one instance!" when the reality is this
thing doesn't get touched for months, if ever. Let's make sudo a more
usable workshop!

*Cleaning crew so far (who to contact):* Matt Senate, Jenny Ryan, Connor
Hogan, ...

*rad flyers by Matt

-Connor