[sudo-discuss] sudo-discuss Digest, Vol 27, Issue 27

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 11:32:28 PST 2015

Re: Replace Sudo elec outlets with GFI

I may be able to lower the Drama Levels by suggesting that folks Hardware
Hacking on mains voltage use a WAY LOWER amp breaker for their Hackery;

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/cb-1605/5-amp-push-to-reset-circuit-breaker/1.html

Either shell out a few bucks to buy one& slap it into a power strip... or
scavenge a similar/lower rated one from some scrapworthy device. Idea is-
the 5er or lower will pop WAY before risking anyone else getting shut
down.  I had a "test box" with Variac. volt&amp meters and switch
selectable breakers from 1/2 to 15 amps for test/hacking and it saved a lot
of headaches let alone preventing damages:>

HtH

Oren Beck