[sudo-discuss] Remington full upright piano (that used to be a nuematically controlled player piano)

Cere Mona Davis ceremona at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:28:56 PST 2015

Hiya folks,

Art in North Berkeley (cc'd here) is offering a really in-tune full upright
piano.  The key action is totally solid (full spring back on every key).
He has a truck to transport the piano in but we need to provide the
muscle.  I figure we would need at least 4 strong (and tall doesn't hurt)
people to move this thing.

It's kind of an amazing piano in that is used to be a player piano that was
controlled via a bellows system and air tubes.  I view this kind of piano
as being imminently (and very interestingly) hackable in a way that very
few pianos are and I really really think we should bring it into Omni!  I
made a short video of this piano here:

http://youtu.be/AaFc4yRctZQ

Demonstrating some of the unusual portals and controls that can be used on
this piano.

Art lives in N. Berkeley closeish to the N. Berkeley Bart so some of us to
help to move this piano by barting then walking to his house.

He would like to try and move this tomorrow or saturday.  Also there is a
very large bookshelf (or storage shelf) that we will likely want to grab
for sudo or CCL.

-Cere

--
Best Regards,
Cere Davis
ceremona at gmail.com
GPG Key:  http://taffy.findpage.com/~cere/pubkey.asc
GPG fingerprint (ID# 73FCA9E6) : F5C7 627B ECBE C735 117B  2278 9A95 4C88
73FC A9E6