[sudo-discuss] BAPS-instantiated provisional ban: Kevin Troffer.

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 22:43:06 PST 2015

Hey guys,

A guy named Kevin Troffer was seen rolling through Omni the other day. I am
calling for him to be provisionally banned from BAPS and therefore from
Omni.

Kevin is not a member of the Bay Area Public School, but he did attend
classes at the (short-lived?) offshoot, the San Francisco Public School.
For those that don't recall, Kevin is a guy who smashed a bottle across a
comrade's face during a SFPS class. The comrade in question who suffered
the blow was a manager of an SF bookshop with a back room in which BAPS
classes also took place. (This site for classes was originally arranged by
BAPS, and extended to SFPS in the spirit of solidarity.)

The class Kevin was in, showed up on the wrong day, during another event
but was still allowed to use the space. Then, the shop was closing down and
Kevin was unhappy about having to leave - he argued with the manager then
struck him in front of ~40 people and fled.

Subsequent to this, an attempt to ban him at a BAPS meeting was called for
and failed, not because any information was provided to contradict this
account, but because two BAPS members felt because they were not personally
there, they were not in a position to judge.

This failure was before Omni and its safe space policy, and before BAPS
adopted Sudo's conflict resolution policy as well.

Because of this, I am calling for a provisional ban of this individual
pending discussion at the next BAPS and Omni delegates meeting.
Unfortunately I do not have his photo, but if anyone has one please pass it
along, and also please pass along his email address and/or this message to
him.

Best,
David