[sudo-discuss] I'm going to pee sitting down at the omni: A call for others to join.

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 11:31:29 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Ed Rippy <ed.rippy at mindspring.com> wrote:

> On 01/13/2015 11:03 AM, Patrik D'haeseleer wrote:
>
>> wiping off a nice new plastic seat is obviously far easier than an old
>> wooden seat with cracked paint.
>>
> -- Perhaps shellac wd work? Seems cheaper & easier than new seats -- as
> long as it's non-toxic.

Shellac won't affect the perception of an old cracked wooden seat. And
unless you're willing to put on several coats of clear coat with sanding in
between, the uneven texture from the wood underneath will still trap dirt.

Home Depot has a decent selection of toilet seats in the $5-20 range. Seems
like a worthwhile investment, given that we probably don't need to replace
all of them anyway.

Patrik