[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] Elliot Hughes

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 16:11:19 PST 2015

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Eske Silver <eske.silver at gmail.com> wrote:
> We do already (or damn oughta) have precident for these interactions...

Sudoroom has many long-standing policies for this. First, any Sudoroom
member is empowered to ask a non-member to leave at any time. Second,
when a person's presence makes someone else feel unsafe, we ask them
to leave and not return until the end of a conflict resolution process
(if they want one). The process involves a mediator and steward having
private meetings and then reporting back afterwards. Facts and
arguments are not hashed out at a public meeting unless the process
has failed spectacularly. We've never had to do that.

Sudoroom values fairness, but we have always prioritized safety over fairness.

WRT Elliot, I haven't been around enough lately to know, but it sounds
like we've kicked out many strangers for less and never thought twice.
It's so much easier to be lenient with a familiar face, but that's not
"fair"...