[sudo-discuss] RAYC's membership

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Thu Jan 8 11:55:35 PST 2015

 That's what people felt - we needed more time to establish how he
intends to use the space and interact w/ others. Also discussed was that
really, we should probably take this time for ALL new members instead of
just giving it a week.

 Please anyone interested consider proposing amendments to our
membership process:
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association#Section_2.1.0_Process_for_becoming_a_member

Here are some notes from noisebridge meetings below, just did a little
digging today

Banned for 6 months - agrees to stay out for that time:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2014_03_11

Comes up for perma-ban, which is blocked:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2014_03_18

Discussion for 2 meetings RE unbanning:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2014_04_22
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2014_04_29

Sounds like one of the main people pushing for his ban was also banned
and/or removed from the 'council' but either way, the consensus was that
we will proceed with an open mind and listen to all the facts.

Cheers

On 2015-01-08 11:34, Adam Munich wrote:

> From what I've gathered from his discussions about it there was apparently some sort of miscommunication between the people running Noisebridge and electricians, which rayc tried to resolve. The people who were supposed to be doing the job didn't like that somehow.
>
> Granted that's only his side of the story and I don't know the other side, but overall rayc has been rather valuable in keeping sudo clean and organized. I feel like it's worth giving him a chance.
>
> Cheers,
> -Adam
> On Jan 8, 2015 11:04 AM, <hol at gaskill.com> wrote:
> It was already blocked by several people due to some concerns - among them is that he didn't mention the situation RE Noisebridge at all until prompted, which didn't convey a sense of openness and honesty. I believe someone is reaching out to him to get more info on the situation so probably best not to make it the subject of a meeting until there's been a chance to hear everyone out offline. I left at 10:30 so may have missed who that was - if it wasn't delegated to anyone I'll contact him.
>
> cheers
>
> On 2015-01-08 10:02, Torrie Fischer wrote:
> Hei, sudo room.
>
> I want to avoid as much conflict as possible here on discuss@ so I'll state up
> front that I would really rather folks talk to me in person or off list in
> response to this.
>
> I had every intention of coming to Sudo last night as I infrequently do to see
> whats up and hack on things and spend more time in the space. My knee
> disagreed to I went home instead.
>
> Had I made it I would've certainly blocked RAYC's membership.
>
> I plan on showing up at Sudo Room next week to have a legitimate block in
> person since phoning it in as I'm doing in this e-mail is bullshit and we all
> know that. I would appreciate it a bunch if others were around to hear me
> elaborate about my principled objection and give feedback if it has any
> standing. I also don't think its all that excellent of an idea to try and
> discuss this on a wednesday night when folks want to just get together and be
> positive, so I'll certainly be making more of an effort to be at the space
> before then for discussion.
>
> Again, I'm not going to respond to this on the list but feel free to poke me
> off-list or AFK :)

Links:
------