[sudo-discuss] sudo make foseschool

Brandon Curtis brandon.curtis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 12:21:40 PST 2015

The edX platform is open: http://code.edx.org/

edX has partnered with Google to build out MOOC.org, a place for people to
host courses built in Open edX:
https://www.edx.org/press/edx-announces-partnership-google-expand

*"In collaboration with Google, edX will build out and operate MOOC.org, a
new site for non-xConsortium universities, institutions, businesses,
governments and teachers to build and host their courses for a global
audience. This site will be powered by the jointly developed Open edX
platform."*

Searching indicates a lot of interest in "Github for education resources",
but less in the way of concrete projects.
There's Coursefork, still in alpha after two years:
http://opensource.com/education/13/9/coursefork-education-tool

For particular subject areas, there is some good stuff out there.

The UC Davis CHEMWiki is extensive: http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/
and part of the larger UCD Hyperlibrary:
http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Development_Details/Hyperlibrary_Development
UMich has a pretty nice process controls wiki:
https://controls.engin.umich.edu

I'm sure there is a database of all of these open education resources
somewhere!

* -- Brandon*