[sudo-discuss] Omni invoices - Reminder

Sarah Pritchard sarahloupritchard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:48:59 PST 2015

Hey Jenny,
Thanks for the update.

To clarify, the invoice for insurance is for Sudo Room's policy with State
Farm (not the Omni's general insurance). Our lease states that each member
collective must hold its own insurance policy, and if any of the member
collectives default on their insurance, John Givens can fine the Omni a
percentage of the rent. After a few mishaps with member collectives'
insurance policies lapsing, the finances working group decided to pay all
of the individual collectives' policies through July.

The Omni is also required to hold general liability insurance and
director's and officer's insurance, and John Givens invoices us monthly for
the building insurance policy he holds. We pay for each of these policies
monthly and collectives share the expense. So, you will continue to see
insurance as a line item on your monthly shared expense bill for the Omni's
general insurance expenses.

I can create a new invoice for Sudo Room's State Farm policy reflecting the
monthly payment schedule.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks so much,
Sarah