[sudo-discuss] Meeting Minutes 9/24

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 23:27:32 PDT 2014

tl;dr:

Announcements:
* BACH Unconference organizing meeting this Friday at 7pm!
* Talk on the Real Vegan Cheese crowdfunding campaign next Monday at 7pm
* Next Newbie Night next Tuesday, hosted by Alex!
* ALL HANDS ON DECK! Filming an Omni walkthrough of everyone doing awesome
stuff on October 5th @ noon, for our Omni crowdfunding campaign
* Viewing of current sudo/omni documentary footage October 3rd

New Members:
1. Greg!
* why? Sudo rocks! Been stopping by for a year or so
* what hack? wanna hack robots. wanna mesh robots, getting into RF
* what share? share free workstations & satellite dishes
* Not an undercover cat (or cop)
2. Ian!
* why? hackerspaces are awesome. we're his first one in CA.
* what hack?  tried to beam internet across a big parking lot; excited to
hack his 1st gen mac pro and make it run arch
* what share? wants to learn and teach awk. awkward.

Conflict Resolution:
* Matthew Stephenson banned for reasons of safety (claimed to be a hitman,
sleeping on couches, creeping on Noemie)

Money:
* We have less than $4K :( But we're back up to $420 on GratiPay! Please
donate: http://gratipay.com/sudoroom
* Omni's electric bill this month was over $900 :(

Omni:
* Please join working groups!! We especially need more help with Finance,
Building Maintenance, and Fundraising. See
http://wiki.omni-oakland.org/w/Working_Groups for info on working group
mission, tasks and meeting times.
* [CONSENSUS] We dig the Omni Music Project, a sound and recording
collective seeking tenancy in the basement. OMP proposal to follow.
* [CONSENSUS] Omni should buy and install light timers (ahyep) - We get
roof access on the 1st - let's solar power this shit!
* [BLOCK] Empowering working groups and balancing work at the Omni proposal
- for reasons of it being a sly way of eliminating consensus
* [FRIENDLY AMENDMENT] Kids Room and Kids Working Group proposal: Sudo
requests a single point of contact / bottom-liner, and to hold off on
'stocking books' immediately in that space. Also, the Kids Working Group
should decide what to put in that room.
* [CONSENSUS] Tenancy definition & cap proposal
* [ABSTAIN] Splitting Allocation proposal: Confusion over the language,
would request rewording. However, general consent on it because it can
be overridden
by future omni consensus.
* [BLOCK] Member Collective Stewardship Agreement: We'd need to create an
HR department to track people's hours. Also, meh on rent reductions
generally and equating volunteer work to moneys we desperately need.
* [RISE ABOVE] Sudo Room is still waiting to consent on a refined proposal
articulating the location, lease agreements, first/last/deposit, and
necessary building modifications.

Full notes with links recorded for posterity at:
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2014-09-24

<3
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net