[sudo-discuss] [omnilogistics] PG&E and questions about power (electrical!).

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Wed Sep 24 12:46:52 PDT 2014

As an interim solution to upgrading all the lighting to LED and adding
timers or sensors, which I think should be done within the first year, I
think you're spot on regarding the use of lamps w/ LED bulbs esp in the
basement to provide localized light sources for people hanging out
there.

Niki, are the PG&E bills being paid online? There is a histogram on the
website showing usage by hour, which could be used to help pinpoint the
loads. The space is being used alot more now, but there are probably a
few big loads that can be tracked down. For a single residence, even one
person sitting at home on a laptop with a light on is noticeable! I've
used this feature to identify the need to add more insulation between
the gas stove and the refrigerator at home - slow cooking a brisket and
the fridge was averaging 200 watts that day instead of 50. Unfortunately
this doesn't absolve me of guilt for cooking brisket in the oven.

cheers