[sudo-discuss] Please donate to Ada Initiative to support hacker and makerspace women!

Liz Henry lizhenry at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:09:35 PDT 2014

Hello sudo-ers!

I'm writing to ask you to donate to Ada Initiative as part of my campaign
to make hacker and maker spaces a more welcoming, safe, and inclusive
environment for all women!

Here is my post about how Ada Initiative was a catalyst for Double Union:

http://bookmaniac.org/make-hackerspaces-better-support-ada-initiative/

I respect your work at sudo room in making it a safer space for women and
other under-represented people in our community.   I wonder if you would
like to have a look at Ada Initiative's resources?

Please donate!

Here is the direct donation link:
https://supportada.org/?campaign=hackerspaces

I am shooting for a goal of $4096 and will match the first $1028 if the
goal is reached!

HACKERSPACE POWER!

Best,

Liz

​ p.s.  Tomorrow, Wed. afternoon from 4-6pm, I am hosting a Hackability
meetup at Double Union. You are welcome to come by! We are going to test
drive a prototype WHILL powerchair, talk about our wheelchair and
mobility/accessibility hacks and modifications, and make plans for future
hack days to work on our accessibility and mobility related projects.

http://doubleunion.tumblr.com/post/97665817909/sept-24-4pm-hackability-meetup-powerchair-test-drive

--
Liz Henry
lizhenry at gmail.com

"Electric ladies will you sleep or will you preach?" -- Janelle Monae

"Without models, it's hard to work; without a context, difficult to
evaluate; without peers, nearly impossible to speak." -- Joanna Russ