[sudo-discuss] Meeting Minutes 9/17

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 18:59:36 PDT 2014

Sorry for the lag!

tl;dr:
* Two new members up for extended pondering!
** Niki: What hack? Wants to play with the robot, in a choreographed dance;
already programmed one dance! Gonna repair all her broken macbook chargers.
What share? Wants to share baked good.
** Patrick: What hack? Horticulturalist, wants to hack open hardware, water
use, radiation stuf. What share? Can share horti skills. interested in
tissue culture. rooted our mate baby.
* Please join Omni working groups!
http://wiki.omni-oakland.org/w/Working_Groups
* Be a sudo delegate! Current delegates: Yar, Jenny, Matt, Patrick
(shadowing Yar), and Korl (also in training :)
* NOTICE: Ground floor kitchen will be going away soon. Please help Food
Not Bombs upgrade the basement kitchen, also a new kitchen will be opening
up on the second floor starting October 1st.
* CONSENSUS ITEMS:
** TIL splitting into TIL and a community print collective: concerns
expressed about extent of space requested (2/3 of sudo size for less than
1/3 the price); public accessibility (currently one day a week and cost for
use); interested sudoers should join the print collective and help shape it
to be as commons-oriented as we can!
** Sound equipment proposal: Sudo counter-proposes that the green room
above the stage be the dedicated sound equipment room (it's already set up
as such)
** PA proposal: Sudoer Ed has a PA he will donate to Omni!
** Ballroom Events: All omni ballroom events that need the space dedicated
should apply here
https://dochttps://pad.riseup.net/p/sudomtgs.google.com/forms/d/1w_PYdVScDqR9UNEWF-6j20WmaJKU4WL3OjCEaNovgjc/viewform
Please join the ballroom working group (meets Wednesdays from 6-8) to help
with deciding on and scheduling events in the ballroom!
** Working Group Autonomy: Sudo suggests that the Facilitating Collectivity
working group decide what WGs are autonomously empowered to do.
** Occupy Oakland 3rd Anniversary:  "Sudoroom formally requests that the
urban shield event on the 3rd anniversary of occupy oakland be offered the
ballroom instead of the basement."
* NEWBIE NIGHT: Alex is hosting this coming Tuesday, the 23rd.
* CHECK YOUR GITTIP ACCOUNTS!! - We went down another $40 this past week.
* SPACE IMPROVEMENTS:
** Contact Whitney or Sean to help with electrification of sudo - namely,
bending and running conduit!
** Floorplan: Contact Korl to help with rearranging sudo space - namely,
building a catwalk on top of our shelves for modular second-level units.
Also: pulley platforms with plants on them underneath the skylights!
** Lighting: Contact Noemie who has a plan for improving our lighting
situation!
** Fire Inspection: We'll need to remove burnables, store them under the
stage or paint them. Also piles of stuff need to be shelved and organized.
Tape notes to objects that need to move / change
* SLEEPING: "All of our expectations of members' behavior within Sudoroom
also apply in spirit to the common areas around Sudoroom. Doing something
in the common areas such as sleeping does not exempt you from our Articles
of Association. https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association"
<https://dochttps://pad.riseup.net/p/sudomtgs.google.com/forms/d/1w_PYdVScDqR9UNEWF-6j20WmaJKU4WL3OjCEaNovgjc/viewform>

Recorded for posterity at:
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2014-09-17