[sudo-discuss] Grinding floors in CCL Saturday?

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 12:13:14 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I have an unexpected chunk of free time on Saturday, and I was hoping to
use it to start prepping the floors in CCL. Should be done well before the
CR event at 6pm.

I'm not planning to use a heavy-duty grinder, just a concrete prep tool like
this <http://www6.homedepot.com/tool-truck-rental/Concrete_Prep_Tool/12570/>.
I've never used one of these, but I would still expect it to make a
substantial amount of noise - at a minimum like running a high-powered
vacuum for a couple of hours. I may try to cut down on dust by running it
wet, if that is an option.

I know this is short notice, but I hope we can make it work - the floors
are the #1 obstacle holding up progress getting our lab up and running
right now, and there's just not that many times I can carve out a big chunk
of time.

It would be good if someone can check this with John as well, since we'll
be making noise right underneath him...

Thanks!

Patrik