[sudo-discuss] Global Radiation Monitoring Network

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 14:56:49 PDT 2014

Want to have our own networked radiation monitoring station? The Global
Radiation Monitoring Network is looking to add nodes to their network
<http://www.uradmonitor.com/join-the-network/>.

They only have two dozen or so nodes around the world so far, and none in
California. "In this early phase of the project, there is only a minimal,
non-profit cost, to cover the hardware components used and the shipping."

The nodes are weatherproofed, and only need 5V power and an ethernet cable.
Is this something that could potentially be piggy-backed on to the sudo
mesh nodes as well? One of their node models has a barometric pressure
sensor as well. Not sure to what extent this is an open source project, but
we could find out.

They were just featured as one of the semifinalists for the Hackaday prize
<http://hackaday.com/2014/09/11/global-radiation-monitoring-network-update/>,
so I expect they'll be getting an influx of new node requests...

Patrik