[sudo-discuss] robot tonight

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Sep 8 13:36:04 PDT 2014

to all those who have expressed interest in hacking the robot,

i hope to come to sudoroom tonight to play with it some more.

i have bolts with which to bolt it down to its pallet, and I will add
2x4 boards to the pallet to make it less likely to tip over.  It won't be
perfect but it will be good enough to play with, and still easy to move to
a different location when the time comes.

If you haven't already started, start reading the fucking manuals at this
site:

http://spaz.org/~jake/robot/

specifically,

http://spaz.org/~jake/robot/479950-3-Programming_manual_v4.pdf

and if you're into coding and want to control it from a real computer,
read this one (and some others, not sure which) starting around page 43
(page 49 of the PDF):

http://spaz.org/~jake/robot/479236-17-Communications.pdf

I will take care of physically connecting it to the serial port of the
3d-printing desktop computer, so you can connect over the network and
operate it that way without having to connect the robot to your laptop.

Tonight (assuming i make it to sudo on time) i intend to program it to
shake its maraca vigorously to the beat of some music, and bolt it down to
its platform.. not necessarily in that order.  Oh and hook up the serial
cord.

-jake