[sudo-discuss] Meeting Minutes 9/3

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 22:29:43 PDT 2014

Hi all!

Thanks to everyone who attended this week's meeting!
Here's the tl;dr:

* We've been adding on average two new members a week! Yay!
* Next Wednesday, 7pm, the Omni is having a facilitation workshop. Ping me
if you'd like to RSVP.
* Ed is hosting Friday night Linux installfests! Come learn you computer!
omni needs a lot more construction help
** bathroom renovation, chairlift, drywall patching, ceiling tiles
** join omni-building google group:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/omni-building
* [consensus]: "Sudoroom will consent to Rise Above renting space at the
omni for $1000/month for a 6 month trial lease term, once the location and
any building modifications and permits are clarified and once the meaning
of tenancy is clarified by the Omni's legal/governance working group. We
don't object to them being a tenant in a general sense."
* [CONSENSUS]: Sudo Room consented to the Omni spending up to $9500 for
making the building ADA compliant and accessible ASAP.
* [CONFLICT]: "The Sudoroom community feels compassion towards Sally and
wishes her the best, but we cannot trust her to respect the Omni's common
space right now, so we must find her in bad standing as a member. She is
not welcome at Sudoroom for a period of one month." "We find Sally in bad
standing as a member and with heavy hearts, we suspend her access rights
for one month, because she consistently uses the common areas
inappropriately and has been warned many times."

Recorded for posterity at: http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2014-09-03

Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://thepyre.org