[sudo-discuss] ** Urgent - need help to dissassemble FREE WORKING WALKIN into basement kitchen

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 13:39:35 PDT 2014

Hi all,

The restauranteur who let us take the compressor and condenser for our
upstairs walkin fridge, has offered to let us dissassemble another walk-in
at another of his restaurants in SF that he is remodelling -- IF we do it
asap.

He wants us to come tomorrrow - I realize this is probably too soon for us
to organize properly, but I would like a crew of Omniers to be able to do
it perhaps the day after tomorrow.

This would be perfect for a walk-in in the basement kitchen, so that it can
be a more professional woking kitchen that can help pay us and FNB back for
the money we are spending fixing it up. This has been part of the plan for
the basement kitchen since the beginning, so this is amazing and great! It
could go either into the room by the furnaces or part of the current larger
pantry along shattuck.

To disassemble this beast I think ideally we want at least four people, as
well as Carl from People's Refridgeration to disconnect the compressor
properly and remove the refridgerant. We will also want someone who know
how to safely cap off the electrical and plumbing.

We also want to bring several drills, an anglegrinder, the fien saw, a full
hex key set and set of wrenches, and electrical tools.  - there are lots
and lots of screws.

Last time, Alice was an unstoppable force of nature who told us how to
disassemble it all and did most of the heavy lifting herself. This time
around, if Alice is free, it would be best if Alice directed us and others
did most of the work. Alice really went all-out last time on our behalf and
we need to do this ourselves.

The restauranteur also has lots of chairs and tables that we could use in
La Commune, which is awesome, plus lots of other stuff / infrastructure..

David