[sudo-discuss] light-up disco dancefloor

Jake jake at spaz.org
Tue Oct 28 02:53:28 PDT 2014

there are already, i believe, lightbulbs and gels down there, and the
wires are all run.. i think all we need are a couple of relay boards
(which i have) and a controller to sequence the lights.  And if the
lightbulbs burn out i have a huge box of replacements (if they're normal
lightbulbs)

i think it would be really expensive to replace all that light with LEDs
and i would not ask for sudo or omni to put community money toward that if
we can just play with the free stuff that's already in there.

also, last i bought addressible LED tape it was more like $60 per meter,
for the sparse stuff.  If you think it's cheaper let's have links.. still,
it's hard to beat free.