[sudo-discuss] robot is moved and bolted in

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sun Oct 26 14:43:41 PDT 2014

last night several of us used human power to move the robot from its
pallet to its new home, where it is bolted to the floor.

http://spaz.org/~jake/robot/pix/boltedin.jpg

it is parked pointing straight up, so it doesn't take up extra space when
it is not being used.  The control cabinet has been moved to the place
where the motorized stock saw is in this picture, in the upper left of the
frame.  All the cables and stuff have been moved too, but i haven't
finished neatly arranging them or connecting everything up.

I intend to put big hooks on the wall behind, and hang the spare cables
there, out of the way.

If you are a robot hacker, know that the robot is disconnected for the
moment until a little more work is done to reconnect it and power it.
If you want to help, please run a length of CAT5 network cable (with ends
crimped on) from the server rack to the robot YASNAC.  This cable will
carry RS-232 signals from the space.local sudo gateway computer to the
YASNAC.  We will be using that computer instead of the 3d printer computer
as our serial interface, if there are no objections.

-jake