[sudo-discuss] Dia de los Muertos fundraiser: is happening?

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 18:59:47 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Sonja Trauss <sonja.trauss at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just didn't want to seem aggressive or like I'm trying to troll the list
> or criticize you in public.

Replying privately with an argument is in some ways more aggressive
than replying on the list. It can make people feel cornered, makes it
harder for them to call for backup, and can potentially enable
triangulation gaslighting. Please ask for explicit permission from
people before starting private email arguments.

> But since you do - can you explain a thing I always wonder about when I read
> authoritative statements about "My Culture" -
> What should I make of Hispanics that don't agree with you - Hispanics who do
> not care who celebrates their holidays, or Hispanics who don't feel
> particularly connected to their holidays? Which one of you speaks for all
> Hispanics?

Speaking from an identity position is not the same as "I speak for
everybody who shares my identity." Missing a subtle but important
distinction like that and then haranguing somebody else over it, is
the hallmark of a well-played troll. You've been warned several times
on this list for creepy racist behavior. Please end it once and for
all. Thank you.