[sudo-discuss] embroidery sewing machine needs needles

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Oct 20 22:42:25 PDT 2014

we got the embroidery machine working!!!  it's totally awesome.

tl;dr we need needles!  who will order this ebay item?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-MEISTERGRAM-INDUSTRIAL-EMBROIDERY-MACHINE-NEEDLES-12-NP-16X257-M700-M800/261614286605

it takes a little coordination though, because it's an industrial sewing
machine with a clutch pedal to engage the motor - and it's very powerful.
So it will sew very rapidly and you have to steer the needle around the
pattern at a rate matching the sewing rate.

it's kindof like driving a ferrari in that way.

anyway, it came with a single needle and it is broken now.  We need more
needles!!!  we have plenty of everything else.

it uses weird needles - they are the normal length (1.5") but their upper
shank is 1/16" diameter which is smaller than standard sewing machine
needles.

http://www.sewingmantra.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/sewing-machine-needle-parts.gif

the machine is a Meistergram model M'100 and it uses the same needles as
the M700 / M800 like the ones in the ebay item are for.

if you order these needles, write to the list so we don't end up with 50,
although i'm sure we'll need them if we use it enough.

-jake