[sudo-discuss] Submitting Tax Information to State of California by Nov 7

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 12:41:22 PDT 2014

We received a notice from the State of California Franchise Tax Board,
notifying us that (since we have yet to submit or complete our 501(c)3
application) we must fill out state form 3500 to convince California not to
levy state taxes for last year, 2013.

I've filled out this form to the best of my knowledge so far, but it is
incomplete. It needs some more attention. See attached:

"state_tax_form_3500_sudo_room.pdf"
which should have saved my submitted values to many of the required fields.
We need a few things:

1. Review what I've already added (make sure dates and such are correct!)
2. Complete the rest of the form to the best of our ability
3. See if any lawyerly advice can help us ensure this goes smoothly
4. *Submit before Friday November 7* (30 days from October 9, 2014)

"Send us either your tax exempt letter, Form 3500, Form 3500A, or Form 100
with a copy of this letter within the next 30 days or we may issue a tax
assessment based on available information. A penalty of 25% of the
additional tax may be assessed for failure to provide information upon
written request."

// Matt