[sudo-discuss] embroidery machine

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Oct 18 16:28:41 PDT 2014

i am getting this tonight and bringing it to sudoroom:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/4720950374.html

this means we will be able to create patches / badges like these:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/rs1rFsFSIMEgzOJgnh5z5Lv12zs6qGqahWOZ8sov37J3BTjIh4AnPIlpUeNxCzWJ37hCGZWwggrw0NoU353XmhHSGOaYio2_0sfFTQ=s0

and these:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w1FQOQQUSek/URNFHl9RmKI/AAAAAAAAB7Y/w6D29bd5SMc/s1600/ROKA+Special+Forces+%5BOriginal+Patches%5D.png

but our first ones will probably look more like these (one color):

http://cdn.overclock.net/9/9b/9b624ff4_030.jpeg

it's made for manual operation, with a physical guide that you move the
lever through a "stencil" thing, but we can make fancier designs by
3d-printing "stencils" to guide it through.  We can also just hook the
fucker up to the robot arm and have it "steer" the machine through any
pattern we want.

-jake