[sudo-discuss] [omni-consensus] Fwd: Backspace Space proposal

niki niki.shelley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:41:53 PDT 2014

The division of space at the Omni was never based on dollars per sq. ft.

We discussed in very great length over many, many months how this model
does not take into account the various other contributions that collectives
bring to this project. For instance, there is *so much* work that needs to
be done and just paying rent alone is, to my mind, much less valuable than
a group that pays less but shares their space and resources with others,
participates in organizing, outreach and general day to day boring admin
and maintenance. The Public School has *no* locked or dedicated space at
the moment.

The model has always been "What do you *need* and what can you contribute
to the project?"

There are a few new projects who are still awaiting confirmation re: where
they will live in the building (most pressingly, Rise Above) so we don't
have a final - final map.

Ideally - no one would have exclusive use of any one space - all of the
space would be porous and usable by multiple different groups!

Radical commoning!!!

xoxo