[sudo-discuss] Possible event in sudo room - hosting a space hackathon???

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Wed Oct 15 15:29:26 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

A gentleman whose company works with kids to learn and program small
satellites has reached out asking if we would be interested in hosting a
hackathon in early November, excerpted below:

"It's been awhile, so I thought I'd reach out and see if you were
interested in an upcoming space hackathon sponsored by Intel (and
probably 1 or 2 additional brands).

Current dates we are looking at are November 7-9, and I was curious if
Sudo would be interested in hosting 1 of the 3 locations? We have budget
for food, raffle prizes, t-shirts, and Intel Edison microcontrollers."

I tried to get a team from my old highschool in San Antonio to do this
but unfortunately got in too late to get them signed up last year. There
is currently only hacker yoga scheduled for 5pm that Sunday - any
objections to offering to host this event? I think it could be a great
opportunity, and it might just bring some of our local rocket scientists
out of the woodwork. If we do wind up hosting it, I'd be glad to handle
all the associated work. Of course I will have to get more details from
him and communicate that sudo room does not officially endorse Intel or
other companies by agreeing to host this, etc.

Here's their website:
http://magnitude.io/

What do y'all think?

Hol