[sudo-discuss] kitchen wg report-back

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 21:04:49 PDT 2014

I went to this Sunday's kitchen working group meeting. Some things to know:

1/3 of the industrial stove is working. The other 2/3 needs new parts
which Joe can get for the very discounted price of $300. I propose
that Omni collectives pay for this since we will be using it a lot.

They are working on replacing the large water boiler with a tiny
instant heater, cutting & rotating the large metal basin sink, and
installing the 3-basin sink from Noisebridge via CCL between that and
the stove.

They would like to open up the northwest part of the room by
disassembling the old shelves & countertops, and removing the
street-facing drywall to expose the windows hidden behind them.

Does anybody know if the landlords have been notified of this kitchen
work yet? Do we need to write up more detailed plans before doing this
stuff?

The downstairs kitchen will not have room for any of our appliances
from upstairs such as fridges or stoves. FNB cooks are already
concerned about space being too tight. We will have to keep the
fridges out in the basement common area, or somewhere else in the
building. We may not need the electric stoves once the wolf range is
fully lit. Joe will find another home for the chest freezer, as it
belonged to him and apparently nobody has used it here.