[sudo-discuss] extracting robot parameters

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Oct 8 01:17:59 PDT 2014

So the robot's control box has a bunch of constants relating to its
geometry, which are important for modeling it, so that we can tell it
where to go.  These constants are stored in parameter arrays in the
robot's memory, preloaded from ROM when we initialized it.

Descriptions of the parameter values were found in a cave, in a file
called ERCPRM.HLP, scrawled in an ancient dead language, but a translator
was found and exported its contents to http://spaz.org/~jake/robot/ERCPRM.RTF

I have edited ERCPRM.rtf down to the following text file:
http://spaz.org/~jake/robot/params-important.txt

if someone can make a program that adds the actual value of each parameter
to this file, it will probably make things easier for whoever wants to
make a model of the robot.

the parameter data are here:
https://github.com/jerkey/yasnac/blob/master/dat/PARAM.DAT

PARAM.DAT is a file starting with /PRM
then each parameter array starts with // and then the name of the array
and then PRM, all in one line, for example //RCPRM for the RC array.
Then the parameters are listed, ten per line, as a comma-delimited
list.

putting these values after their corresponding line in
params-important.txt would be totally awesome.

-jake