[sudo-discuss] Open Access Week event

april glaser april.glaser at riseup.net
Mon Oct 6 13:10:55 PDT 2014

Hi there,

I'm April, a soon to be Sudo-er (I work at EFF, fwiw). Is anyone at Sudo
interested in doing an event for Open Access Week, Oct 20-26?

Could we use some of the collective space to host an event that
celebrates all that has been and can be accomplished when research and
knowledge is accessible and not locked behind paywalls?

Some ideas include a panel and screening of the Internet's Own Boy
(w/ppl from film). Or a share night of various projects aimed and
distributing and opening access to knowledge/fighting copyright
maximalists / someone (maybe me) can offer a quick primer of current
federal and CA open access laws?

Please LMK if this is something Sudoroom ppl might dig or would like to
host at the space.

All my best,
April

PS: on topic