[sudo-discuss] OMG korg littlebits magnetic synth is open-source on github

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sun Oct 5 23:08:51 PDT 2014

i was totally impressed the other night at danceJS when i saw the Korg
Littlebits modular analog synth... it's these magnetic modules that make
up an analog synth while you snap them together on the table.

and i left danceJS thinking about how nice it would be if there were an
open-hardware version of this stuff, something we could make at a circuit
hacking tuesday with printed circuits and printed plastics.

I thought that we could 3d print a plastic frame for the modules, with the
elasticity of the plastic serving as the springs for the contacts.  and
the circuit could be this easily etched pyralux that i have a bunch of..
and it's flexible so it can serve as the contacts on the sides of the
thing.

and then just now i realized that the schematics for all the littlebits
stuff is published on github!

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/12/littlebits-open-source-synth-kit-github-korg-filter-secrets-revealed-music-projects/

of course i won't do this project alone, but if you're interested in
wroking on it let me know.

-jake