[sudo-discuss] Welcoming Committee: Omni's newest working group!

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 19:27:25 PST 2014

Hey all!

As we prepare to open the Omni officially to the public, there's a clear
and pressing need to organize around creating a welcoming and inclusive
experience for newcomers and visitors to the project.

The Welcoming Committee is nascent and ripe for co-constructing! Some of
the ideas for activities include:
* Scheduling volunteer shifts for the front door: 10am-2pm, 2pm-6pm, and
6pm-10pm
* Monthly orientations to onboard committee members to the collectives,
people, projects, events, policies etc they should know about to man the
front desk.
* Creating documentation (in tandem with the Communications WG) that we can
hand out to guests - one-sheeters that make it clear and easy to see how
you can volunteer and plug into the project.
* Weekly potlucks (in tandem w/ Food Not Bombs Sunday leftovers).
* Coordinating and assisting with Omni-wide events to bring in new folks
from a diverse array of communities (eg; monthly neighborhood assemblies).

The first official meeting will take place *Thursday, December 11th at 6pm
in La Commune
<https://omnicommons.org/calendar/events/welcoming-committee/>, *but you
can join the conversation now by subscribing to the mailing list at
https://omnicommons.org/lists/listinfo/welcoming

or by adding ideas to our wiki page:
https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Welcoming_Committee

or by chatting directly with me or David Brazil!

<3
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://thepyre.org