[sudo-discuss] Microduino workshop at Sunday Afternoon--everyone is a creator

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 23:32:50 PST 2014

I didn't see this event on the calendar, but have added it here:
https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Event:2014/11/09_Microduino_Workshop!

"Are you a young maker with brilliant ideas? Are you an engineer with tight
deadline making prototypes? Are you a teacher trying to inspire student's
creativity? Are you a designer with little knowledge of electronics?
Microduino can help to turn your ideas into realization. With Microduino
modules, everyone is a creator.

The purpose of this workshop is to show you how we can help to turn your
ideas into realization with our over 50 small, stackable, powerful,
expandable Microduino modules.

The Workshop will first briefly introduce Microduino, followed by case
studies of design realization in different areas. This workshop will
concentrate on various applications and all kinds of cool stuff made with
Microduino modules, such as quadcopter, GPS tracker, mini robots, 3D
printer, Joypad, open-source watch, smart garden, etc. We will also bring
some samples for you to play with.

Microduino is... Arduino compatible + Small size + Stackable pin-out +
Various extension modules + Open source + Cost Effective == Awesome!"

Currently, events are added to the Omni calendar by creating a new page
with the following syntax:
https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Event:yyyy/mm/dd_Name of event (there's a
widget to do it easy at the top of the wiki homepage)

In the future, events happening through collectives using the ESS format
will be automatically filtered to https://omnicommons.org/calendar - so we
will soon be using just sudo's calendar to add sudo events to the Omni
calendar. Common spaces will be booked via https://omnicommons.org/occupy.
If anyone would like to contribute to the substantial coding (frontend
design & php/mysql/wordpressy backend) labor of creating such a calendaring
system, please contact me or yar!

Cheers,

Jenny
http://jennyryan.net