[sudo-discuss] Requesting permission to use sudo room logo on Space Hackathon materials

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Fri Nov 7 13:59:13 PST 2014

Hi Folks,

I want to grant the space hackathon folks to use the sudo room logo on
presentation and documentation materials for the space hackathon only -
no commercials or any other uses.

The only other organizations involved are:

1) Intel, who is providing boards, sensors, and food and other weekend
consumables;

2) UC Berkeley, who is also hosting the daytime component and talks;

3) Counter Culture Labs, who are co-hosting with sudo room;

4) Magnitude, the company who put together the hackathon and does other
student space activities: http://magnitude.io/

and possibly 5) ARLISS, an organization that launches student payloads
in the black rock desert: http://www.arliss.org/

If there are any objections to doing this, which I think would really
just be good PR for sudo room, please let me know ASAP. Since we agreed
to host it a few weeks ago, I just assumed we would be OK being
associated with the hackathon. Please articulate any concerns and
assuming there are no blocking concerns, I'll pass along a high res copy
of the logo along with whatever restrictions we require for its use. As
was asked at the meeting, there are no aerospace or defense (or
"homeland" "security") contractors remotely involved.

I'm thinking the best thing to stipulate is that it can be used on any
materials specifically referencing the space hackathon - any fancy way
to say this? Any past examples of us authorizing the use of our logo
with respect to certain events?

Cheers,

Hol