[sudo-discuss] my transmitter design on the cover of a book

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Nov 7 13:32:58 PST 2014

look at the cover of this book (you can click on the image)

http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/low-power-people

the text in the back cover says:

  Jake designed this transmitter with the help of wizened elders, to
  provide a reliable and repairable communications device for noncapitalist
  communities around the world.  At that time, cheap and effective
  transmitters from China were not yet available on eBay, found by
  searching for ST-15B in "consumer electronics".

you'll notice that there are pictures of Mandela and Ghandi on there.  The
circuitboards were fabbed eight at a time, so we put a transparency over
the whole thing with EIGHT different pairs of dead revolutionaries:

Mandela and Ghandi
Nina Simone and Rosa Parks
Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, Jr.
Rachel Corrie and Judi Bari
Fidel Castro and Che Guevarra
Emma Goldman and Mother Jones
Ernesto Zapata and Ricardo Flores Magon
Annie Oakley and Lyudmila Pavlichenko

you might notice a pattern of dichotomy in rhetoric vs. direct action,
that was accidental.