[sudo-discuss] Space Hackathon - first brainstorming and info session tomorrow - Tues 7PM

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Mon Nov 3 21:16:47 PST 2014

Hi Folks,

If you're interested in participating in the upcoming space hackathon,
we'll be meeting tomorrow evening at 7PM to get some info from the guys
at magnitude.io on their goals for the event, and it will be a good
opportunity to see how many sudoers want to get involved and what we're
thinking.

The categories basically break down into small form factor biological
experiments (ccl folks are also involved :), small satellites, and
autonomous rovers/uavs that are capable of being launched from 10,000
feet, then autonomously returning to the launch site either through the
air or overland.

There will be another meeting Thursday which should be a bit more
hardware oriented once we figure out some more details. Actual kickoff
of the hackathon will be at 9PM on UC Berkeley campus in Sutardja Dai
Hall.

Cheers,

Hol