[sudo-discuss] URGENT: help finish state taxes

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Sun Nov 2 05:24:44 PST 2014

Hi April,

Thanks for stepping up and tracking this - a few things:

the articles and bylaws do not need to be the same thing - we planned to
submit the bylaws as a legal document, whereas our articles are a
working document that guides us in day to day operation

When you, Julio, Matt, and I were breaking off tasks the night of the
board meeting, below is what I wrote for question 8 if you recall. Did
you mean to re-delegate this? Would like feedback from folks on the
language:

(a) a detailed description of the activity, including its purpose and
how each activity furthers the organization's exempt purpose.

-educational classes and workshops indended to provide a free platform
for community members to share knowledge on topics of mutual interest in
a safe, clean environment, in the interest of educating the community;

-recurring meetings organized by sudo room members and other
community-oriented groups sponsored by sudo room members related to the
development and execution of projects benefitting the public and/or
advancing specific areas of knowledge within the scope of sudo room's
mission;

-formal and informal work sessions where sudo room members and their
guests use shared equipment located in sudo room to execute projects
otherwise out of reach of individual community members, and in the
process bring in share knowledge related to these projects with others.

(b) when the activity was or will be initiated.

-most events occur on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis on days
determined to be most convenient for the volunteers hosting the specific
activity or activities;

-requests for hosting of specific activities requiring exclusive use of
space or other sudo room resources may be made by community members
subject to approval by other members on a weekly basis;

-the use of most tools and other resources in the course of members and
guests of members executing independent science and technology related
projects is permitted without formal procedure prior to beginning work
so long as such projects are not in conflict with sudo room's mission.

(c) where and by whom the activity will be conducted.
-sudo room events occur within areas leased or otherwise legally
permitted for use by sudo room, its members, their guests, and any other
organizations established for public benefit and having a sufficiently
compatible mission to warrant use of sudo room resources.
-every activity undertaken at sudo room must be sponsored by a member or
members who take responsibility for planning and execution.

[2] https://pad.riseup.net/p/sudo501c3