[sudo-discuss] Temporary Ban of Chris B

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 05:05:21 PST 2014

Hey all,

https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2014-10-29#Conflict_Resolution
"Amendment: Any further sleeping by ChrisB at Omni will result in an
immediate temporary ban."

I'm here at omni alone, except Chris B is asleep in the basement.

The lighting room above the stage (aka "crow's nest" aka "man cave") is
still rather full of equipment, project pieces, personal effects, etc of
Chris.

It seems that instead of completely cleaning out the room after our last
meeting on Wednesday, he cleaned up part of it, and set up a "DJ booth"
inside sudo room on the "networking platform" behind the stage. A bunch of
this DJ equipment is occupying what was the freshly cleaned table myself
and other sudoers unearthed during our defragmentation, making it available
to the community for printing, omni network maintenance (read: whole
building), and mesh network activities. The newly acquired paper cutter I
bought and donated to sudo was pushed aside to make room for this DJ setup.
There's also a container on the floor among other objects around the table
that take up all the desk and sitting space (~6ft long, three chairs).

There is also various audio equipment lining the wall upstage in the
ballroom, and a table full of equipment at center stage.

Sudo Room itself is nearly clean thanks to the many hours of effort by
sudoers, especially some extremely excellent new members. I appreciate the
shared work, including new members' presences, enthusiasm, and respect as
we nurture this shared environment.

I do not appreciate the consistent disrespect and negligence demonstrated
time and time again by Chris B in his use of the space.

I'm not happy about this result, nor finding him asleep just now, but my
patience has completely evaporated at this point, like a batch of mate left
boiling for hours on the stove.

I leave this to other sudo room members to figure out what to do next.

I plan to leave Chris alone, sleeping in the Omni until someone else wakes
him up.

// Matt