[sudo-discuss] URGENT: help finish state taxes

april glaser april.glaser at riseup.net
Sat Nov 1 16:07:12 PDT 2014

Hi all,

We started working on the state tax exemption form, because the federal
501c3 is way less urgent. We need to send in our state info by Nov 6.
Wrote it all out for clarity. There are two roles that need to be
filled, one organizing our fundraising data and one bottom lining the
copyedit and final review. *PLEASE STEP UP & HELP OUT :)*

I'd also love some help researching amendments and updating them. The
state taxes form attached is for reference. Feel free to also reference
our brain dump ether pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/sudo501c3

*DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 6*

Thanks,
April

*Here's a list of what we need to fill out in the form:*

--Fill out Questions 8  (Whitney is working on question 8)
--Fill out part III, financial data (Max, can you bottomline this page,
if not, let us know asap)
    --must include copy of receipts and expenses-- like bank transaction
data
--Fill out part IV, list all officers and trustees (wrangle names and
addresses of board members)
--Fill out part 6, number 1 describe fundraising
   --part 6, number 3 lease information

*What needs to be submitted with the form:*

--Rental and lease agreement
--Articles and bylaws (most updated)
--Any form signed by Sec. of State, and we should have already filled
out the information form, SI 100 and if CT-1 or other forms were filled
out, we need to include that in our submission as well
--$25 check (from Sudo Room, payable to Franchise Tax Board)
--Copy of receipts and expenses (transaction history)
--AND EVERYTHING WE ATTACH MUST INCLUDE ORG NAME AND STATE ID NUMBER
(C3617428)

*Delegated Roles*:

*Whitt*
Question 8
Fill out part 4

*Vicky
*Document wrangler (SI-100, CT-1)
Poke Matt to make sure we have them
Make sure all roles are moving along and SHIP IT!

*
April
*Reconcile bylaws and articles
NEEDS help -- if people are open to helping research for past
amendments, please let me know

*Max
*Financial data -- fill out part 3, side 4
-must include copy of receipts and expense -- like bank transaction data

*NEEDS A PERSON TO BOTTOM LINE, YOU?*
Fill out part 6 describing Sudo Room Fundraising, number 1 and 3
    --get a copy of the lease
Who can do this?

*FINAL COPY EDIT AND REVIEW, WHO CAN DO THIS?
*We need someone to read the whole form and review all attachments,
check 100 times make sure it's good to go
Who can do this?