[sudo-discuss] Gittip spinoff seeks advice on democratic governance & bylaws for web applications

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 21:25:35 PDT 2014

Really good points - and from what I gather of this alt-gittip project,
they're looking at a structure that involves a few dedicated folks
spearheading the day-to-day management of the system, but wanting to make
it as democratic as possible. Let's keep in mind that this is not a
volunteer-for-fun sort of project, but actually an income ecosystem. As
such, users of the system would best be served by having the option to have
a voice in how decisions that would influence their livelihoods are made.
Transparent documentation of decisions made and challenges articulated is
important in this regard. Seems like they're hard at work on that :)

Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://thepyre.org
http://thevirtualcampfire.org