[sudo-discuss] Gittip spinoff seeks advice on democratic governance & bylaws for web applications

Sonja Trauss sonja.trauss at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 04:16:36 PDT 2014

I participate in the part of the community called "the mailing list."

I never comment on the threads about sudo room mechanics - I chat on
threads about general interest topics - porn, gentrification, now this
mysterious line in the gittip email.

I don't think the analogy is sound. What rabbit was talking about was "what
if the users of task rabbit owned it," yes, sounds good.
Now I know there are lots of people who have signed up for task rabbit, but
never got around to using it. They have a log in, they forget what it is.
Those people sound "not very invested in the project." My question is, why
would you need their input? They never log onto your site. Or take a less
extreme case. Someone who uses the site, even regularly, but is "not very
invested in the project." This person doesn't actually care what happens to
the site, they has some other site they also uses, or they is about to move
away so they doesn't care... Why do you need this person's input?