[sudo-discuss] me n' meetings -

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 02:19:43 PDT 2014

Hey everyone,

I hope this wont seem weird to formally announce this, but I decided
tonight that if I am gonna attend any meeting, I am going to attend the
whole meeting all the way through to its initially-slated /
official ending-time, or I will just not attend. I decided it is just too
disrespectful to others to hop in and out of meetings before they are
slated to be finished, even if it is for other, equally pressing omni
business (which has, in every case I can think of, been the only reason I
have ever felt compelled to do so.)

Therefore I respectfully ask anyone that feels I personally need to step
away to attend to something else or answer a query, or even wants a quick
sidebar on somethin at a given merting, simply not ask but wait until the
meeting is done - barring of course some sort of all-out emergency.

By the same token, if a meeting runs over its running time, I may have
to leave that meeting at some point thereafter - and I sincerely hope that
no one at that extended meeting will be offended if I do so at that point -

I encourage others to try this model with me, which I probably should have
been following all along. Honestly, I am really not the best multitasker in
the world (as I am sure this is already readily apparent to everyone
anyhow), so I dont know why I tried to attempt otherwise.

I hope this doesn't seem narcissistic or anything to announce publicly - as
if its sooo important somehow - but I just want to make sure moving
forward, that no one is offended if I have to defer talking to em (or
otherwise engage with another matter) right away whilst I am still in a
meeting, or have to leave a meeting that is running over.

Love to all,
David