[sudo-discuss] Lead paint... NOT!

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 23:52:09 PDT 2014

Marc and I did some spot checks for lead in the paint on the CCL side of
the Bocce ball court, including some of the heavily peeling parts on the
North and East wall, and some specks we managed to knock off the ceiling
with a tennis ball.

*No lead in any of the 6 different samples we checked!* Yay! Highly
surprising for a building this age...

We used Lead Check swabs
<https://www.google.com/search?q=lead+check&tbm=shop> by 3M - you should be
able to find them at most paint stores and home improvement stores for
around $10 for two swabs. You might want to get some to test other spaces,
and we may still want to get an official lead inspection at some point. But
so far, this does look very promising...

We also poured two plates to test for mold. Again, around $10 per kit
<https://www.google.com/search?q=pro-lab+mold+test+kit&tbm=shop>, but you
need to pay an extra $40 if you want a lab to identify the specific mold
species. We'll let you know what we find...

Patrik