[sudo-discuss] Server Room Update July 21, 2014: Donation via Chris, Screws + Cage Nuts + Server Rack Status

Somebody somebody at riseup.net
Mon Jul 21 18:57:25 PDT 2014

Hello All,

Just we all know:

DONATION RECEIVED:
We have received a donation of 2 Two Post Racks. Thanks Chris!! The
donation easily saved us about 400 dollars. We only needed one for
production, but Jeremy and I already have discussed how we can use the
second one (training for those who would like to learn how to reset
passwords, erase config files, and or do OS upgrade on the spare Cisco
Switches that we have. :) -Oh yeah... we couldn't wait and installed a
couple of switches on one of the racks! :)

SCREWS AND CAGE NUTS:
Anyhow: for those that know how messy can get with having the wrong kind
of screws and cage nuts: We have narrow it down to have the donated
racks tread as a model to use for the Server Rack square holes. So when
we trying to install a switch or rack mount server/device we won't go
bunkers trying to figure out what screws should be use. The screws we
are using are 12-24.

SERVER RACK STATUS:
And talking about the Server Rack.... Last Friday I checked with the
Vendor and I am glad I did.
There was some wrong info in the billing part of the order, it did get
corrected then. So now that detail got cleared up, the estimate shipping
date is August 16. Yes, until then since this is a back-order.

Thanks!

Daniel