[sudo-discuss] SONIC.NET CANNOT GET INTO OMNI - ANYONE THERE?

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 12:03:03 PDT 2014

Extension 1 for sales, tech is Keshon - if anyone needs to communicate with
them

They were let in finally by John thank goodness - It would still be good if
someone was there - the tech needs to try to improve the bandwidth. If
someone could roll over and assist the tech, that would be good?

- I did confirm that at least on paper we are connected to the close C.O.
(~1.1K ft away), so we should be getting close to the provisioned bandwidth
of 100Mb down / 20Mb up, instead of 20/1.5 as we are currently getting

- Tech should be told to try the Tace 5168 Sonic is providing so our Zyxel
modem is not blamed / the culprit

- Sonic's Tace modem should be hooked up right at the MPOE (in the utility
room) to remove any variables possibly related to faulty inside wiring

- Tech should probably be told to look for undocumented bridge taps (i.e.
at the nearest b-box outside) to see what may be dragging down the bandwidth

Best,
David