[sudo-discuss] [OMNI] Proposals up for consensus

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 02:10:50 PDT 2014

Sudo Room decided we would use various voting procedures for particular
circumstances because we anticipated those issues arising and wanted to
prevent our own immobility on them. I think this can be a good idea:

Can you (or anyone) generate a simple list of all the types of decisions
the Omni Collective may consider in which perhaps a different sort of
decision procedure than consensus should be used (e.g. a vote, and
therefore some type of vote such as a super majority [some value over 50%]
or simple majority vote [50%])?

I suggested in another email (did not see this reply at first) that we
should consider allowing consensus to fail, and requiring we then table the
item for one week before a 2/3 vote (or similar) can be held, encouraging
clarity, accountability, feedback, and level-headedness.

// Matt

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 7:59 AM, Jeremy Entwistle <jwentwistle at cryptolab.net