[sudo-discuss] safe space logistics - code of conduct & respecting omni bans

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 07:43:49 PDT 2014

I think there are two things we should do to augment our safe space logistics

1) We should adopt a code of conduct for Sudoroom and all events that
we sponsor. I think we should look at the Geek Feminism CoC:
http://geekfeminism.org/about/code-of-conduct/ Please read it through
if you have the time.

2) We should agree to honor all bans on people by other groups and
spaces at the Omni, AND by the Omni itself. The Omni hasn't yet
required this of groups, and doesn't yet have its own structures in
place for banning people from the common areas, but we can still be
proactive until that happens, and I think doing so would show good
faith to our Omni community and help convince everyone this is a Good
Thing.

thanks,
Remote Yar