[sudo-discuss] http://www.omni-oakland.org/ doesn't work

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:09:37 PDT 2014

Our domain registrar is now ITItch.com (previously GoDaddy). ITItch was
recommended by yar for its emphasis on privacy.

The zone files for the domain exist at Digital Ocean, our hosting
provider. They had a somewhat confusing interface for DNS records, but
I've just updated everything and all should be working properly within
the next 4 hours (including www, do.omni-oakland.org and
wiki.omni-oakland.org).

Apologies for the lag in response time -  I truly did not expect to be
without internet for so long (at a hacker camp, no less!). Matt and yar
now also have credentials to both accounts (and soon David too).

<3
Jenny

On Tue 15 Jul 2014 05:12:16 PM PDT, David Keenan wrote:
> easy enuf to do - but we should prolly just do without www altogether.
>
> I believe jenny has the login credentials to our current dns / registrar?
>
> On Tuesday, July 15, 2014, Somebody <somebody at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> Perhaps creating a 'www' subdomain would do the trick or that is how is
>> done. Any other ideas?
>>
>> Julio Rios <julio.rios at gmail.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','julio.rios at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>>
>> I don't know who manages omni-oakland.org, and this is pretty miniscule
>> of a request, but I noticed that:
>> http://www.omni-oakland.org/
>> ... doesn't forward to
>> http://omni-oakland.org/
>>
>> it's pretty minor, but it would help if we can autoforward since, as of
>> today, searching duckduckgo gives you the www for some absurd reason.
>>
>> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=omni+oakland

- --
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://sudomesh.org
http://thevirtualcampfire.org
http://technomadic.tumblr.com

- -Laurie Anderson

"Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining
it."
 -Hannah Arendt

- -Stéphane Mallarmé